Sinhala Sayings - 2 (Andare's Stories)

Sinhala Sayings - 2 (Andare's Stories)

(I use Google Translate because my knowledge of English is very limited. Point out any errors. Thank you.)

Andare is the clown in the palace. There are many folk tales about him in Sinhala folklore. There is also a strange type of tomb in Sri Lanka which is considered to be his. Andare is such a joker that even the way he died is a joke. This is one of his stories.

Deaf fighting - This story is about the jokes Andare made to the queen.

One day Andre is talking to the queen. Then the queen says:

"Andare, I would love to meet your wife."

    Andare thought this was a good opportunity to make fun of the queen and showed the queen that he was sad thinking for a while. Seeing this, the queen asked Andare why.

"Queen, if I can get her to meet you. But there is one problem."

"What is Andare?"

"Queen, her ears are weak. So you have to talk to her out loud. That's what I was thinking."

"Ah, that's not a problem. I'll talk to her like that. Pick her up tomorrow."

    Andre went home that day and told his wife.

"The queen told me she wanted to talk to you."

"Oh how good it is. I would love to talk to her too. I am lucky to have this opportunity. I can also see the royal palace."

    The wife said happily and Andare pretended to be sad again as before.

"Why Andare? Is there a problem?"

"There is one problem. The Queen's ears are rarely heard. So you have to speak loudly with the queen."

"Ah, it doesn't matter. I will speak aloud to the Queen."

    Andare knew that the work was exactly right.

    So Andare told his wife to get ready to go with me tomorrow morning.

    The next morning Andare and his wife got ready and went to the palace. Upon learning that Andare's wife had come to the palace, the queen came to see her. Thinking that Andare's wife's hearing was low, the queen asked in a very loud voice,

"Why haven't you come to the palace for so long?"

    Andre's wife, thinking that the queen was Shouting because she was deaf, said in a loud voice, "Sorry, Queen, it was only yesterday that Andare told me you wanted to see me."

    When the king heard this shout, he ran to the place. When the king heard this sound and saw Andare smiling aside, he understood what had happened. The king smiled when he saw the knot that had caught his queen.

"That's enough now. Andare's wife's ears can hear well. This is Andare's joke," the king told the queen.

     Then the Queen and Andare's wife are said to have been very ashamed to know that they had been deceived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three abandoned places in Sri Lanka